Saturday, August 27, 2016

Christopher Wayne Hudson - the "Ballroom Blitz"

March 18, 2006. Members of the Finks and Hells Angels clash at a kickboxing tournament. Dubbed the "Ballroom Blitz", the bloody incident was sparked by the defection of one-time Fink and soon-to-be convicted murderer Christopher Wayne Hudson to the Hells Angels in a move that angered his former gangmates.

Hudson, a former Gold Coast nightclub bouncer, “patched over” to the Angels some time in late 2004.

Christopher Hudson under attack during the infamous brawl between Hells Angels and Finks
Hudson was shot in the back and jaw and other bikies were wounded during the brawl that involved fists, feet, bottles, chairs and weapons.

Following the "Ballroom Blitz" Hudson became a heavy, daily user of amphetamines and crystal amphetamine. Hudson also started carrying a gun and admitted to paranoia thinking that someone was "coming to get him”.

Christopher Wayne Hudson
With a fearsome reputation, Hudson was afforded VIP status at strip clubs. He received free drinks and mingled with the girls privately.

It was Sunday June 17, 2007 and Hudson was riding an amphetamine-fuelled flying carpet. He exploded into a rage, fuelled by a caustic mix of booze and drugs. Hudson pulled up his sleeves and pointed to his tattoos and said: ‘Do you know who I am? I’m a Hells Angel!’ In front of shocked witnesses, Hudson grabbed his girlfriend by her hair, punched her in the face and threw her to the ground. As the stunned victim struggled to her knees, Hudson kicked her in the face.
In a nearby underground carpark, Hudson forced another woman against a wall at gunpoint. 43-year-old father of three Brendan Keilar stopped to intervene while on his way to work. A passing Danish backpacker named Paul De Waard, 26, also stepped in to help.

After emptying his gun into the men, Hudson fled. Keilar died while de Waard was very lucky to survive.
Police quickly established Hudson’s identity and launched a massive manhunt. Police chief commissioner Christine Nixon sent a public message to the Hells Angels: “I would hope they would hand him over. I think this person’s clearly out of control.”

On June 20, the Victorian president of the Hells Angels walked Hudson into Wallan police station in semi-rural Victoria. Hudson had an injured wrist wrapped in a sock. His bikie brothers had used a blow torch to remove a Hells Angels tattoo from his arm. In May 2008, Hudson pleaded guilty to the murder of Brendan Keilar and was sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 35 years before becoming eligible for parole.