Friday, April 21, 2017

Former UN gangster paid $300,000 by police to rat - HA put bounty on Bacons

The informer said he was one of the UN members aiding the hunt of the Bacons.

“The Hells Angels had agreed to put up a portion of a bounty for individual Bacon brothers and at least one of their associates that I can remember. And they had given Clay (Roueche) an advance of $50,000 to help with the effort being made to target the Bacon brothers and their associates.” Roueche was more determined to resolve the Bacon problem after he was shot at by Bacon associate Lance Wust inside a restaurant.

Lance Wust

Conor D’Monte
The informant described another shooting. UN member Conor D’Monte and his brother Ciaran were at a Chilliwack nightclub when they were spotted by a rival group. “An individual had followed them into the parking lot and produced a firearm and fired shots in their direction and hit his brother in the abdominal area”.

Ciaran D’Monte survived the shooting. Conor D’Monte is also charged in the Bacon conspiracy and the murder of LeClair, but he remains a fugitive.
A former United Nations gangster, whose identity is protected by a publication ban said he was paid more than $300,000 by police to co-operate at the murder trial of Cory Vallee.

Vallee is charged with conspiracy to kill the Bacon brothers and their Red Scorpion associates. He is also charged with first-degree murder for the shooting of Bacon associate Kevin LeClair in a Langley parking lot in February 2009.
The informant said another reason he turned to police is because he was upset about the murder of a young man he knew only as “Whitey.” Ryan “Whitey” Richards, 19, was found murdered in Abbotsford on March 30, 2009. No one has been charged in his murder.

The witness testified that he got to know some members of the UN gang in the early 2000s when he was running a dial-a-dope line in Abbotsford. “Clay Roueche is someone I was starting to see more and more frequently”. He said the boss of his drug line was “getting his supply from Clay.”
He starting working for Roueche. “I looked up to them. They were what I wanted to be. They had nice cars, they had girls. They had money. They had respect. It was a fast life and I wanted a part of it" Roueche eventually gave him two gold bands with the words United and Nations on them. He was in the gang.

The day before United Nations gang leader Clay Roueche was arrested as he tried to enter Mexico, he and an associate chatted. Roueche had already started packing for the trip, which he expected to last just “five or six days." 24 hours later he would be sitting in a jail cell, turned away from Mexico and facing a series of conspiracy and money laundering charges that cost him 30 years behind bars.
The recordings told a story of a gang leader enthusiastically discussing drug deals, gun purchases, international connections, rivalries and alliances. Roueche joked with one associate that his cell phone might be bugged by police. And when he was chatting in the apartment of another associate, which was also bugged by police, they both expressed concern that a girlfriend of Lou Kaawach, their connection in Mexico, was an undercover operator.

“We are going to take you for a ride in Guadalajara and throw you in the ditch and say sayonara,” Roueche said, laughing. Kaawach was gunned down in Guadalajara in July 2008 along with Elliot (Taco) Castaneda, another UN gang member from Abbotsford. Both murders remain unsolved.